Thursday, September 2, 2010

Track of the day 9/2



Today's track takes me all the way back to when the techno seed was planted inside of me. It was during my freshman year of high school when I joined the soccer team. Someone always popped a CD filled with (generally crappy) music into the stereo to get us pumped up before game time and I never really paid much attention to it until an extremely German friend of mine, Frederik, put a disc (who uses CD's anymore?) of his favorite techno songs in the radio. I didn't know what it was. I just knew that I liked it and wanted to hear it all the time. I borrowed the disc and took it with me to listen to during the drive home. I kept this song on repeat most of the way home until I decided to see what else was on the disc. Then I realized there was more than one techno song in the world. This is a fairly simple concept but is one that blew my mind for several weeks, maybe even months. I forgot all about sandstorm and decided that this song was now home base for my techno interests and I would compare everything else to it. Since then, my scope has widened and I now appreciate songs more deeply. But man did I love that song. It's hard to convey exactly what happened to me that day through a simple song and a post. The pounding bass washed over me and I've never been the same since. Hearing this song was really one of the most influential moments of my life. That may sound silly or exaggerated but it's true. I'm addicted to techno and I don't think I'll ever want to or be able to change that.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you one of the defining songs of my life:
Benny Benassi's Electro Sixteen

No comments:

Post a Comment