Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Track of the Day 9/22



I'm about to be "that guy". I liked this song before it was popular. There. I said it. It's kind of hard to pay attention to the song when there's awesome tecktonik dancing going on in the background. Their shoes are also pretty distracting. I've searched the internet for hours trying to find out where to get a pair but I haven't had any luck. This is a really impressive remix that was even more amazing after I listened to the original song. The two aren't even remotely similar. This remix has blown the original out of the water. Searching for Yelle's "A Cause de Garcons" on youtube will usually only find this version of the song. I had to dig through my search results to find the original. Honestly, I don't even like the original. It does have a good base for an electronic remix in the chorus with its underlying bass line and mildly annoying synth. I don't want to hate on the original too much, though. After all, if it weren't for Yelle, we wouldn't have this awesome remix. This song also got me in a lot of trouble. I played it during a French extra credit "party" and made the mistake of clicking on a related video, "Je Veux Te Voir". The entire song is a retaliation against a male french artist who's songs incorporated a very negative view of women. But anyways, my french teacher was the only one there paying attention to the lyrics. They're extraordinarily sexual. This didn't work out too well for me. But the ACDG Remix is still an awesome track. I don't know why this story was needed. But it was.

Also, if you have any idea where I can find shoes similar to the pair that the lead dancer (treaxy) is wearing, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment